Dr. Sandhya Sharma is an Assistant Professor with Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies. She has more than 15 years of rich experience in teaching. She holds a Doctorate Degree in English with a specialization in Contemporary Authors and Indian English Writing. Her areas of interest further include English literature and Language, Diaspora, Feminism, Modern and Post Modern Literature. Dr. Sharma has presented many research papers in International Conferences of repute and has authored insightful research papers in many international journals. She strongly believes in imparting knowledge with practical application thus incorporating advanced pedagogical tools in her teaching.
Articles in Refereed Journals
- S.Sharma (2019), “Behavioral Dynamics of Women Characters: A study of Assertiveness with reference to selected novels of Chetan Bhagat”, in Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (JETIR), an International Open Access Journal & UGC and ISSN Approved,Peer-reviewed, Refereed Journals with ISSN 2349-5162.
- S.Sharma (2019), “Multiple Facets of Human Behavior: An Analysis of Contemporary Author”, in Research Review International Journal of Multi-disciplinary (RRJ), a UGC approved journal with ISSN 2435-3085.
- S. Sharma (2019), “Aggressive Behavior in ‘Revolution 2020’ and ‘2 States’ of the Chetan Bhagat”, in International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews (IJRAR), a UGC approved journal with E-ISSN 2348-1269, P- ISSN 2349-5138
- S. Sharma(2016), “ Communication Barriers In Emerging Economies – Case Study India”, in International Research Journal of Humanities and Enviorenmental Issues, with ISSN 2277-9329
- S. Sharma (2015), “Globalization’s influence on our teaching English’, in Research Journal of English Language and Literature (RJELAL) A Peer Reviewed (Refereed) International Journal, with ISSN 2395-2636 (Print);2321-3108 (Online)
- S. Sharma (2015), “ Vengeance: A Comparative Study Of Emily Bronte’s Heathcliff And Martina Cole’s Marie’, in Research Journal of English Language and Literature (RJELAL) A Peer Reviewed
Full Papers in Conference Proceedings
- Presented paper in International Conference on English and American Studies (ICEAS-19), 7th July, 2019 on topic,” Psychological Study of Passive Male Behavior with reference to the selected work of Contemporary author”, at Delhi.
- Presented paper in International Conference on English and American Studies (ICEAS-19), 27th June, 2019 on topic,” Behavioral Dynamics of Women Characters: A study of Assertiveness with reference to selected novels of Chetan Bhagat”, at Delhi..
- Presented paper “Ineffective Curriculum and Growth Impediment” in 3rd International ELT Conference: No One Left Behind: The Role Of ELT In Promoting Inclusive Growth, March 4-6, 2016 , Amity University, Lucknow Campus.
- Presented paper “ Communication Barriers in Emerging Economies- Case study India” in International Multidisciplinary Conference Theme: Innovations in Science, Commerce, Literature, Social Science, Economics, Management,Engineering ; Information Technology. Jointly Organized by International Association of Academicians and Researchers (INAAR) Confederation of Indian Universities (CIU) Date: 14th March, 2016
- S. Sharma(2014) “English – From Classes to Masses: Impact of Globalization on our teching English“, 9th International and 45th Annual ELTAI Conference, Organized by English Language Teachers’ Association of India (ELTAI) (An Associate of the International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language [IATEFL], U.K.) from 21-23 August, 2014.
Participation in Workshops/Seminar/Webinar/Conference
- Attended ‘Literary Lab’ ELT post-conference workshop conducted by Dr. Parul Popat on Friday, July 3, 2020.
- Attended and presented paper in ELT– The two-day Virtual International Conference on “Young Leaders Success and Strong Inter-personnel communication: Overhauling of Curriculum” on 27-28th June, 2020.
- Attended ‘The Challenges of Creating Teacher Presence in the Remote Classroom – What makes a good online teacher?’ ELT pre-conference workshop conducted by Nick Peachey on Monday June 22, 2020.
- Attended “Academic Writing“ ELT pre-conference workshop conducted by Dr. Pushp Lata, Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani on Saturday, June 20, 2020.
- Participated in the Webinar on “Online Education and Assessment“ on 19th May, 2020 organized by Center for Education Growth & Research (CEGR)
- Attended MICROSOFT organized “Microsoft Innovative Educator Program“ on 27th May, 2020.
- Fourth National Seminar on Higher Education: What India Needs? on 18th April, 2017 (Tuesday) organized by Centre for Education Growth and Research (CEGR)
- Second National Conference of Academic Leaders on Collaboration: Bridging Employability Skills through Technology on 22nd December 2016 (Thursday) by Centre for Education Growth and Research (CEGR)
- National Conference on Research and Publication: Ways Ahead on 13th August, 2016 (Saturday) by Centre for Education Growth and Research (CEGR)
Participation in MDPs/FDPs/Symposium
- NPTEL course “Enhancing Soft Skills and Personality “of 8 weeks on the SWAYAM platform (swayam.gov.in) from Jan –Apr 2020 with 89% score.
- FDP on “Developing skills for Enhanced Student Techer Engagement“ from 22nd July- 26th July, 2019 at Vivekananda School of Journalism at VIPS.
- FDP on “Imparting Skills for Improved Teacher-Student Engagement“ from July 23-28, 2018 at Vivekananda School of Journalism at VIPS.
- Participated in National Symposium on ,“Conventional to Omni- Channel Retailing: Discovering the difference“ on March 11,2016 at Amity University, Lucknow Campus
- FDP on “Dynamic & Creative Learning Environment” by eminent Prof. B.S. Sahay, Director, IIM Raipur and Prof. Piyush Kumar Sinha, IIM Ahmedabad on 30th May, 2014 at VIPS.
- FDP on “Dynamic & Creative Learning Environment” by eminent Prof. Venkat Rao, VC, NLU, Bangalore, Prof. Anu Singh Lather, Dean USMS and Director International Affairs, Prof. O. V. Nandimath, Professor Law and Registrar, NLU, Bangalore, Prof. Srikrishna Dev Rao, Registrar, NLU, Delhi from 21st July to 24th July, 2014 at VIPS.
- Pursued an online course of 5 weeks offered by University of Washington on, “ Business English – Networking“ from 16th June –
- Pursued an online 4 weeks course offered in collaboration with McMaster University, Canada and University of California San Diego on , “Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects“ from 9th May – 6th June, 2020.
- Organized Webinar on Stree Management- “YOU are your own sunshine in unprecedented times“ by Ms. Geeta Hiteshi, Psychotherapist, Motivational Coach CBSE Resource Person, Director – Guidance & Counselling Clinic on 24th June, 2020 from 12-1 pm on Zoom Platform.
- Paper Setter for Business Economics at Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University for the year 2020-21
- Awarded financial aid of $40 to pursue “Business English – Networking” course from University of Washington.
- Paper Setter for Business Economics at Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University for the year 2017-18,
- Paper Setter for Business Economics at Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University for the year 2016-17,
- Organizing member in Inter-national Conference ‚TeLMISR- 18, on Cyber Security from May 21-22 at VIPS.
- Organizing member in National Conference ‚TeLMISR- 15, on Information Security Risk on 29th January at VIPS.
- Organized talk on “Digital Marketing” on 7th September 2017 for the students of MCA 1st and 2nd year in VIPS.
- Organized Guest Lecture on “Artificial Intelligence” for the students of MCA on 11th October 2017 at VIPS.